« Well, it's 6 weeks later... | Main | Mostly so I don't forget »

February 12, 2013

I had 5 minutes to spare

today, between my first evaluation and the beginning of class.  I decided to very quickly check my State email, figuring I would delete my daily notices and be done with it.  Let's face it, I don't get much *official* mail other than announcements and the occasional lost & found notice.  However, much to my surprise, when I opened my inbox, I had real mail!  Addressed to me from a real person!

Alas, I ended up wishing I had not received said piece, as it was concerning the date of my Spanish test. Given that I had just ended my evaluation feeling rather ill concerning my current level, I did not want to think (stress severely) about said test.  I read through the letter, though and the helpful descriptions.  All was well and good until I reached the end where it actually listed my test date:

Wednesday, February 13 at 8:30 a.m.

Yep, there was suddenly a silent scream as  I melted down in front of the OpenNet PC.  I checked the date the email was sent:  last night at 8 p.m., so I really could not have seen it much sooner.  I quickly typed a response listing the multitude of reasons it would not work, from time-wise to the fact that as of today, I have had guess how many weeks/days of actual Spanish class?

 4 weeks and 4 days 

I originally estimated 4 weeks and 2 days, so a bit more, but still not a full 8 weeks, not even close.  

I sent the email, thankfully remembered to log out (woe to me, newly certified in cyber-security awareness, if my stress level caused me to forget that...).  I then spent the next two hours trying to focus and not stress (guess how easy that was?) and ran to the computer as soon as class was finished.

Nothing. Nada. Zilch.

I headed over to the main office and spoke with the very person who had assisted me with my class change and area studies questions.  She had just received my email and was trying to figure out what could be done.  As it turned out, the whole testing date really had nothing to do with me.  However, I still needed to change if at all possible, not just the date, but the time.

We chatted, she typed and lo and behold, a new date and time were found.  Instead of tomorrow at 8:30 a.m. (which is really 8 a.m. and I would never make), my test (all 2 hours and 15 minutes) is next Tuesday at 9 a.m.  Oh, the relief that washed over me.  Now I at least have a chance to review the testing procedures and *try* to be prepared for next week.  Lord knows, I need all the preparation I can get.

So, should any of you happen to be bored next week on Tuesday, say between 9 - 11:15 a.m., please say a silent prayer, meditate, do some yoga or just send general good thoughts a certain person's way. Hopefully, that will alleviate a bit of the paralyzing fear that I know will attack me around 8:45 a.m.  Now to go review the preterite vs. the imperfect just a few more times....


TrackBack URL for this entry:

Listed below are links to weblogs that reference I had 5 minutes to spare :


Feed You can follow this conversation by subscribing to the comment feed for this post.

The comments to this entry are closed.